I’ve got Southern roots and Fritos are undeniably tied to my own traditions. From The famous (or possibly infamous) Frito Pie to just a handful with a sandwich at lunch, I grew up on Fritos.
When I saw the commercial advertising the Papa John’s Fritos Chili Pizza, I started salivating immediately. The fact that it made me ignore Peyton Manning’s enormous misshaped head in the television ad was enough for me to know that this pizza abomination need to be mine!
If you have not seen it (or were distracted by Manning’s dome) the Fritos Chili Pizza is a limited edition pizza at Papa John’s with chili sauce, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, Roma tomatoes, onions, and ground beef all topped with original Fritos.
I set out to order from my laptop — as calling and ordering a pizza that sounds like it was imagined by my 6 year-old self seem too humiliating if it involved interaction with an actual human. My order arrived piping hot and looking both delicious and strange. The Fritos are added to the pizza after the it leaves the oven so on the plus side they stayed crispy. The down side is that the Fritos just kind of rest on top of the pizza. If it wasn’t for the chili sauce the corn chips would have seem out of place but the sauce did really tie the pizza together.
Two items to note:
1. Don’t try and save or reheat this pizza unless you have a backup bag of fresh Fritos. They will start to get soggy quickly.
2. Be prepared to pick up bits of Fritos everywhere. The Frito is not a normal shaped chip and trying to get a whole Frito in your mouth may send half of a Frito flying across the table or room. If you have a dog this may become their favorite dinner ever.
No Nutritional information was available on the Fritos Chili Pizza but lets be honest – no one could possibly think this pizza is good for you.
Over all it was both a tasty and strange concoction that clocked in at 3 1/2 out of 5 coronaries.
3 1/2 Coronaries
- McDonald’s Announces All-Day Breakfast Is Coming
- KFC Introduced The Fried Chicken Pizza – The Chizza – In Philippines
- The Fast Foodie: 7-Eleven’s Bacon-Wrapped Big Bite Hot Dog
- The Fast Foodie: Taco Bell Rolls Out Cap’n Crunch Delights
- The Fast Foodie: Pork Chops For Breakfast At Carl’s Jr. & Hardee’s?
- The Fast Foodie: Wendy’s Announces Baconator Fries
- DoorDash App Now Has Taco Bell Delivery!
- Ding Dong Ice Cream Sandwich Launches At Carl’s Jr.
- Insane Guy Decides To Eat Entire White Castle Menu In One Sitting
- KFC Tray Typer Bluetooth Keyboard Lets You Type While Chowing On Fried Chicken
- Quesalupa – A Quesadilla And Chalupa Hydrid – Is Coming To Taco Bell
- Genius Chef Creates A Burger Wrapped In French Fries!
- McDonald’s Customer Uses Kiosk To Make Massive 4-Pound, $25 Double Cheeseburger
- Want To Wear A McDonald’s Big Mac?
- The Fast Foodie: KFC Pot Pie
- Kansas City Royals Minor League Team Introduces Krispy Kreme Doughnut Hot Dog
- The Fast Foodie: Taco Bell Sriracha Quesarito
- The Fast Foodie: The Bacon & Swiss Buttery Jack At Jack In The Box
- Buy A Taco Emoji T-Shirt To Support Creation Of The Emoji And Charity
- KFC In The Philippines Has The KFC Double Down Dog