By Shannon Carlin
Taylor Swift may not be writing about any of her lousy exes on her latest album, 1989, but she definitely hasn’t forgotten how terrible they were.
When she sat down with David Letterman on the Late Show yesterday (Oct. 28) she spoke of why she doesn’t waste her time writing snarky songs about those boyfriends anymore.
“I just haven’t had any lousy boyfriends in the last year and a half,” she said. “So, it’s been good.”
Letterman imagines it’s hard to find a decent guy, saying they’re all jerks. With a little giggle, Swift made it known, “I’m not really looking around for them, at them, shopping. I’m not doing any of that.”
But, Swift fortunately does have some good friends, namely Lena Dunham. There internet meet-cute almost sounds like the makings of a romantic comedy.
Dunham even told Swift, “I feel like you’ve been my best friend in my head for months, and almost years now. I need to see you in person and I’ll lavish you with compliments.”
Of course, Swift also talked about loving New York before performing her new song “Welcome to New York.”
- Taylor Swift Wins Legal Victory in Assault Case
- Katy Perry Brings Up Old Feud Again: ‘I Love Taylor Swift’
- Taylor Swift Carried Out of Her Apartment in a Large Suitcase?
- Lorde Shuts Down Taylor Swift Rift Reports with Style and Grace
- Calvin Harris Explains Why He ‘Snapped’ after Taylor Swift Breakup
- 8 Times Taylor Swift Won July 4th