According to Deadline,the book/movie Marley & Me is headed for the small screen.
The film version’s stars Jennifer Aniston and Owen Wilson will almost certainly not be attached to the show, but the movie’s director will likely direct the pilot. The film’s production company will be affiliated as well.
The show will pick off where the film ended. Main characters John and Jenny Grogan and their two boys (who will in the show be 14 and 11 years old) move back to Florida when a stray puppy ends up on their doorstep.
And the pup will bear some familiarity to dogs past:
This dog, named Marley for the fact that they use Marley’s old leash and tags on her, is as will-full, destructive and delightful as her original namesake. And she will help shed light not only on the growing pains of the Grogan family, but also the lives of the neighbors, and fellow dog-owners, around them.
Here’s a bit more information on the show, and the film’s original trailer below.
- Tara The California Hero Cat Receives Prestigious Award Normally Reserved For Valiant Dogs
- Grooming Dogs’ Heads To Look Like Minecraft Cubes Is The Newest Weird Craze
- WATCH: Pit Bull Becomes Surrogate Mom To Abandoned Kittens
- This New Camera Case Lets Dogs Take Photos Of All The Things That Make Them Happy
- The California Corgi Beach Day Just Happened And It Was Perfect
- Brutus, A Quadriplegic Dog, Gets A New Life With Prosthetic Legs