It seems like just about everyone participated in the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge in one form or another, and today, another campaign is gaining some steam.
UNICEF is asking social media users to take a photo or video of themselves when they first wake up and post it with the hashtag #WakeUpCall, and then tag three friends in it to donate to help Syrian children.
If it is at all as effective as the ALS Bucket Challenge was, UNICEF will do pretty well with this campaign.
It’s not like we really needed another reason to snap another selfie, but hey—we’ll go ahead and take it for a good cause.
If you’d like to skip the photo and donate to help Syrian children, head here to UNICEF’s site.
— Tom Hiddleston (@twhiddleston) October 6, 2014
The deputy editor at British Vogue, Emily Sheffield got involved too.
And Nigella Lawson:
— Nigella Lawson (@Nigella_Lawson) October 7, 2014
#WAKEUPCALL Text SYRIA to 70007 (& donate £5). It’s for the 6.5 Million Syrian children effected by conflict (via #UNICEF) 🙏🙏😘😘😘 ❤️❤️. Post a photo or video of yourself when you wake up, and pass this message. Προβολή στο Instagram
— Telegraph Pictures (@TelegraphPics) October 7, 2014
- Is #WakeUpCall Another Social Media Ice Bucket Challenge?
- The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge Is Now An Actual Halloween Costume
- Sarah And Vinnie’s Full Show Podcast: 8.20.2014
- Nine Bay Area Sports Organizations Take On the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Video: Sarah And Vinnie’s ALS Challenge … Make It Rain!
- You Can Watch The Hot Cop Of The Castro Go Shirtless For The Ice Bucket Challenge Charity