Tristan Prettyman has been making music for years, but has never made a record as raw and emotionally wrought as this one (Cedar and Gold, out in September.) The reasons behind the emotions were ones she probably wouldn’t have asked for – they came from the unwanted ending of her engagement …. to Jason Mraz. (Yes, …the person who sings “I Won’t Give Up.”) The fact is, he did end the relationship that song is about… with Tristan. So in a very private but then very public way, she poured her feelings into these songs. She’s very open about the inspiration behind the songs, but it’s not an angry record – it’s just honest, and sometimes really sad and hurt… but other times it’s also really funny. And it’s always about redemption and healing and eventually being OK…. the first single that Alice is playing is “My Oh My,” and there will be more singles to come. (Brace yourself…seriously.) I had a chance to talk to Tristan about the breakup, and about getting better, and about her song “Rebound” (which really is about picking somebody up at her local Trader Joe’s.)
Talking Break-Ups & Hooking Up At Trader Joe’s With Tristan Prettyman
July 13, 2012 4:03 PM
- All things @EdSheeran while we get stoked for #Summerthing2013: cbsloc.al/16BVU6f #sheerios 24 minutes ago
- #Summerthing2013 happens Sunday. Will we see you there?! cbsloc.al/106YKfI 3 hours ago
- #Summerthing2013 is so close, you guys. @FinishTicket is kicking things off @ noon! Get a preview of them here: cbsloc.al/19Jokev 4 hours ago
- Jack Johnson used his wife's smarts, his Hawaiian studio, and his own musical history for his new record: cbsloc.al/12GvyhT 4 hours ago
- RT @jaynatalice: Wanna see @jackjohnson at the @foxoakland ? I can set that up for ya xo cbsloc.al/13QAeje Radio on now & every da… 5 hours ago
- 2013 Bonnaroo Music &... Meet Miss USA 2013 Erin Brady 'True Blood' Red Carpet... 'Man Of Steel' World Premiere...
- Aisha Tyler On Sarah And... Muse Performing At The 'World... Ellie Goulding At The Chime... Florence And The Machine At...
- Boston Strong: An Evening Of... Daft Punk At The Monaco... Matt Nathanson On The Secret... Train's Jerry Becker On Sarah...
- Maxim Hot 100 Party 2013 Katy Perry Performs With The... Uzette And Hooman At Pier 39 Maxim Top 25 of 2013