Radiohead, Adele, Coldplay, Muse & More Featured On ‘Iconic Live Moments’ Charity DVD
Ever since the Revolution, it’s always been the Brits versus the Americans. In the case of music, there are so many great, “iconic” musicians from “over the pond” it’s hardly even a competition sometimes.
And those musical icons are being highlighted in a compilation DVD called The Iconic Live Moments which includes an A-list smattering of British musicians including Radiohead, Coldplay, Muse, Pulp, Blur, and Adele.
According to Audio Ink, the performances span decades with the earlier being 1973 and the latest being just last year in 2011.
After Blur’s performance at the London Summer Olympics this year, their live performances might be far and few between–or non-existent. In an interview with the Guardian, frontman Damon Albarn hinted that the band might split up and said that their song for the Olympics, “This Is Under The Westway,” was a “one-off” that they effortlessly recorded in one-take.
“We recorded it live,” Albarn said. “One take. It’s the first Blur song where it’s been one take, because previously I never finished the lyrics before we recorded. This time, I’d done that, so we were actually able to perform it…Which is quite nice, because I don’t really see any more recordings after this. So it’s nice to have finally done one song where we did it properly.”
Iconic Live Moments Track Listing:
- “Ziggy Stardust” (Live at Hammersmith Odeon, 1973)-David Bowie
- “Won’t Get Fooled Again” (Live at Shepperton Studios, 1978)-The Who
- “Radio Gaga” (Live at Wembley Stadium, 1986)-Queen
- “Chime” (Live at Glastonbury Festival, 1994)-Orbital
- “Common People” (Live at Glastonbury Festival, 1995)-Pulp
- “Wannabe”/”Who Do You Think You Are?” (Live at BRIT Awards, 1997)-Spice Girls
- “Karma Police” (Live at Glastonbury Festival, 1997)-Radiohead
- “Let Me Entertain You” (Live at Knebworth, 2003)-Robbie Williams
- “Knights of Cydonia” (Live at Wembley Stadium, 2007)-Muse
- “Faith” (Live at Earls Court, 2008)-Goerge Michael
- “Tender” (Live at Glastonbury Festival, 2009)-Blur
- “Someone Like You” (Live at BRIT Awards, 2011)-Adele
- “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall” (Live at Glastonbury Festival, 2011)-Coldplay
- “The Flood” (Live at City of Manchester Stadium, 2011)-Take That
- “Back to Black” (Live at iTunes Festival, 2007)-Amy Winehouse (Bonus iTunes track)
Out on iTunes and Amazon May 14th, the DVD’s profits will be donated to the Save The Children Foundation.
–Nadia Noir, CBS Radio Los Angeles