When President Barack Obama stopped by New York’s Apollo Theater last week for a fundraiser, he had a little fun and went a Capella when he saw soul crooner Al Green in the audience. He serenaded the crowd with a few lines from the Reverend’s classic hit “Let’s Stay Together, the internet had some fun, and we thought that would be the end of it.
But to our surprise, he ended up putting a little extra change in Al Green’s pocket. Sales of “Let’s Stay Together” increased by 490%!
Drinks on Al!!!
Green’s track, which was originally released in 1971, sold over 16,000 downloads in the week ending January 22nd, a 490% increase from the previous week, according to Nielsen SoundScan.
The Prez even showed the Reverend some love by saying, “Don’t worry Rev, I cannot sing like you, but I just wanted to show my appreciation.”
Maybe Green needs to show Barack a little appreciation now. Take him out to dinner, or at least a nice “Thank You” card… you know, for the effort.
Latest from Radioalice.com >
- Win a Family 4 Pack of VIP Tickets to “Disney on Ice presents Dream Big!”
- Krems’ Heads Up Blog: ‘This is Us’ Returns This Week!
- 10 Movies You Must See This Fall
- Travis Scott & Kylie Jenner Expecting First Child: Report
- Movie Review: ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ and ‘Battle of the Sexes’
- Kylie Jenner And Travis Scott Expecting First Child
- Shawn Mendes Raising Big Bucks for Mexico Earthquake Relief
- Justin Bieber Expresses Support for Black Lives Matter
- Jason Derulo Debuts Sexy and Cinematic ‘If I’m Lucky’ Video
- Niall Horan Reveals ‘Flicker’ Tracklist