I hope you’ve been training. Training for what? Well, a major candy consumption holiday, of course! Is your tummy going to be able to handle to amount of sugar you are going to pump into it’s arteries a few weeks from now? I should hope so! Throw on a headband, drink some electrolytes, and start training for the big event. It’s candy time!
- October 30th is National Candy Corn Day.
- Candy corn has 3.57 calories per kernel.
- More than 35 million pounds of candy corn will be produced this year, which is equal to nearly 9 billion pieces — enough to circle the moon nearly four times if laid end-to-end.
- Halloween accounts for 75% of the annual candy corn production.
- A cup of candy corn has fewer calories than a cup of raisins.
If you want to be a candy corn genius, watch this video.